Which of these relates to you and your business?
Are you feeling overwhelmed by erratic cash flow?
You know your sales should cover your expenses but there never seems to be enough money to pay them on time and you need to know how to fix it?
Are you finding it a challenge to get paid on time by one or more customers but need some clarity on next steps or how to prevent it from happening again?
Do you have a particular problem or opportunity that you’d like to untangle with someone independent, objective and professional, or could your business benefit from a fresh opinion on your credit control processes and strategy?
A Power hour with me can help you with all these things and so much more.
What is a Confident Cashflow Power Hour?
A power hour is a one-hour video call with me on Zoom.
The session is 100% personalised to you and your business.
You set the topic in advance and on the day, I’ll give you the necessary guidance to ensure that by the end of the call you have a clear course of action to work on to resolve the problem or rise to the challenge, and you have the confidence to do it.
If you want to send questions in advance, I’ll review them before the call and on the call you can ask as many questions as you would like.
Examples of Power Hour Topics
- A was struggling to manage a growing business. They knew sales were increasing but this didn’t seem to equal more money in the bank account. We discussed their numbers and simple ways to track them so they could make informed decisions about the direction of their business.
- B was looking at offering credit to their customers for the first time as a way of making more sales and wanted to make sure they protected themselves from late or non-payment. We discussed the potential risks and strategies for managing those risks.
- C was permanently living on an overdraft, both in the business and personally as they hadn’t been able to pay themselves for a while. We looked at pricing, credit terms and credit management strategies to get out of the red and back into the black.
- D had a non-paying customer who they were struggling to deal with without getting stressed or angry. We came up with an escalation plan for communications with the customer and discussed what they could do differently in future to avoid this situation happening again.
- E was afraid of picking up the phone to their clients to ask for payment and had been avoiding It for some time. They’d been hiding behind email, but that wasn’t getting the results they needed. We talked through how to prepare for a call, what to say and how to follow up to achieve the outcome they needed.
How much does a Power Hour Cost?
£149 + VAT
You will be invoiced when you book and it will need to be paid for before the call.
I had reason to ask Nicki for some advice re credit arrangements for client payments, as I could not find the current information that I was looking for. She very quickly got to the nub of my enquiry, and need, and gave me exactly the precise up to date information that I needed. I am deeply grateful for her knowledge and support.
If you need support as a young business, and you want to do things right, you should always go to the expert first. I want a strong foundation for my business which is why I engaged with Nicki. Thank you for your swift support Nicki, it was spot on!
Nicki is really knowledgeable about credit control. We had a very productive conversation about how I could solve the problem I was having with a client not paying and how I could have prevented that from happening with certain measures in place first. I would certainly recommend giving Nicki a call, She can help you with your payment challenges in a calm and confident manner.
If you’re not sure if a Power Hour is right for you or think you need longer-term support, let’s chat about how I can help.